Monday, October 12, 2009

Boardwalk Food part 14

Going to be a busy week for woodcut. Have one of my college classes starting their woodcut project this week, and my workshop at the Printmaking Council of NJ coming up on the weekend. Some of my preparations are for both, but today it was all about my college students. I took one of the boards I bought the other day and cut it up into identical small panels. Everyone gets one. In past years I would be making blocks (a little larger) for the the PCNJ workshop as well, but they have some wood up there already that we'll use.



Once I got that task out of the way (including sweeping up all the sawdust) I could turn my attention back to the boardwalk food block. Today I continued up the right side panel, cutting out the rest of the foreground counter, then moving up into the negative spaces of the boardwalk and the facing side of the pizzeria counter. Probably more in the pizzeria next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home