Sunday, October 04, 2009

Boardwalk Food part 12


The first order of business today was to fix the spelling in that neon MEATBALLS sign, the corrected version shown above. I usually catch these things eventually. Back in grad school there was one time where I switched two letters and didn't discover it until I had cut and printed the block. Impossible to fix at that point. Looking at the block in a mirror helps. After I took these photos, a mirror check helped me realize that I had one backwards letter in the part of the block shown below, which I have since fixed. Added a few details to this part of the scene over the past couple of days, mostly in the ice cream stand and inside the bar.


I also played around with adding one more item to the foreground counter, something that had appeared in the earliest paper sketches, a napkin dispenser. Tried a few different designs in a couple of places, but in the end I decided against it. I like the empty stretches of the counter on either end. The whole block in its current version is shown below. If I haven't come up with any changes I want to make, I can start cutting later this week.


My spelling issues of this weekend put me in a mood for meatballs today, so I cooked up a nice pot of them while I had the football games on. A pleasant way to spend a Sunday afternoon.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home