Friday, September 11, 2009

Fall Woodcut Workshop



This October I'll be holding my Introduction to Woodcut workshop at the Printmaking Council of New Jersey in the Somerville area. It's a full weekend of woodcut fun. I'll show lots of examples of relief prints (mine and from my collection of work by other artists) and demonstrate how to cut and print wood blocks. The workshop also covers multiple block printing and other more advanced possibilities in the medium. Students will get to try it for themselves with me around to provide advice and assistance. The course is considered suitable for NJ professional development credits.
The workshop will be held the weekend of October 17th and 18th, with the class running from 10:00 to 4:00 each day. Participants must sign up in advance. More information can be found here on the PCNJ site.
(Above photos by Suzanne Pilgram, taken at a demonstration for her printmaking class at Georgian Court University. I don't have any good photos of any of my previous PCNJ workshops but these provide a good idea of what goes on.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home