Friday, August 28, 2009

Validation


The Belmar Stories show at the Boatworks officially ended today. Normally I'd go tomorrow to pick up my piece, but I'm going to be busy all day, so I swung by today to get it right around closing time. While I was there, I decided to investigate what happened with the piece I provided to the silent auction this past Saturday. (I wasn't there, but you can see the set up in the above photo from Joe Villa. More photos of the event can be found here.) I was at the BAC for a coordinators meeting last night and was told that it was one of the artworks that sold, but I didn't get the details. Today I got them. I'm not going to say exactly what it brought in, but I will say that there was more than one bidder, and that after the BAC takes their cut and I subtract my framing costs, my profits will allow me to buy a large pizza with the topping of my choice. In this economy, you take what you can get.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home