Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Cotton Candy Model

I think my next boardwalk print needs a cotton candy eater. (Full story to follow when I'm ready to start the block drawing) I prefer to work from a model when possible, especially if its a role they are particularly suited for. And in this case I had someone. I first met Michelle at the Belmar Arts Council, but I see her just as often in my Studio, where she is a regular at our critique group. Not only does she enjoy eating cotton candy, but she has done paintings and drawings of it, produced a 3-D cotton candy sculpture, even has it tattooed on her arm along with other favorite sweet treats. Who could be more qualified as a cotton candy model? I brought up the idea with her a few weeks ago, she liked it, and today was the day we picked to do it. She met me at the Studio, and I spent about 20 minutes doing pencil sketches of her with her cotton candy sculpture. One of the resulting sketches is shown above. I'll try to make the face look more like hers in the block drawing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home