Friday, August 21, 2009

Old Boardwalk, New Boardwalk



Dropped by the Studio for a little while today, but made no art. Did some related stuff. On my way there I picked up some plexiglass pieces I ordered about 10 days ago, finally ready. Also with me on the way up were an empty frame (which I used to make sure that the plexi was the right size) and the matted copy of the tattoo print in an identical frame. Once there, I peeled the protective blue film off one of the plexi pieces and inserted it into the frame holding the tattoo print. That is now ready to hang, whenever I need it next. I left the blue plastic on the other piece for now, to keep it protected for future use.
After that I decided to prepare a block for the next boardwalk print. I'm not ready to start drawing, but this way the wood will be ready when I am. In fact, I had two pre cut pieces of plywood. One is the remainder of the panel that provided the blocks for the last two prints. The other was cut earlier this year, but had a pronounced warp in it. I decided to put it under some heavy boxes in my basement for several months. Pulled it out the other day- still a little curved, but I think I can work with it. I decided to go ahead and apply wood filler and sand both pieces. I may work on the next two prints at least partly simultaneously.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home