Monday, September 07, 2009

Boardwalk Food part 4



Getting to the Studio this past Saturday had been a bit of a challenge- the normally overcrowded beach town was extra overstuffed with visitors for the Labor Day weekend, and some of these people found their way to my building's parking lot. I was lucky to grab the one space available (out of about 30), and there were at least a dozen cars parked in the dirt and gravel lot behind the building, in the space where the annex had been. Fearing more of the same over the next few days, I brought the block home with me to work on, since pencil drawing on a medium sized block can be done anywhere.

Today I got back to work on it. I added a little more to the pizzeria on the right- patterns on the counter facing and floor, and an overhead fan in the back of the restaurant. Mostly I was working on the left side. The bigger space is an ice cream stand, and to the left of that is a bar/restaurant of a type common to the boardwalks. Both locations will get figures in and around them, so I'm going to hold off on further detail and signage until I see what space is visible around the people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home