Thursday, September 17, 2009

Boardwalk Food part 6


Got into the Studio for a while today. After several days of looking at the current block I decided that there were some perspective issues I had to deal with. It was the pizza place that was bothering me most, that counter going back to the dining room. The angle was all wrong, implying an elevation. The new version (seen above) isn't perfect, but it's much better.



The next thing was adding another figure along the back wall. Anyone who goes to Seaside probably is familiar with the large pig statue in front of the Spicy bar/restaurant on the boardwalk. Almost as tall as an adult, molded in fiberglass or something similar, and kind of scary looking. How can I not make it part of this print? At first I was going to put it in as is, but nothing else in this series has been taken directly from reality, so I'm making it a little different. I decided to make him look a little more like a much older creation of mine, Wacky Castrated Pig. Less scary, more wacky. I'm keeping the body and clothing of the original, but switching the chef's hat for Wacky's traditional beanie. And the pig face will look a lot more like Wacky's. The other change is that the original has empty arms/hands, while in mine he's holding a giant hot dog. I did this sketch from memory, but later I'll bring a copy of the comic book with me and get it exactly right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home