Monday, November 02, 2009

Boardwalk Food part 24

In the late afternoon I drove up to the Studio, bringing everything I needed for printing the new block and for the critique that would follow. The first thing I did was take a quick rubbing off the part of the block that includes my zeppole sign, then copied the general shape onto a little piece of linoleum I got from Molly. I then filled in the letters, correctly this time. I cut it out and set it aside. Next thing was to prepare some paper. From my supply I pulled a large sheet of some unidentified heavy print paper, and a sheet of the okawara that I've been using for the editioned prints in my Floating World series.

As with the first three in the series, I inked the block and pulled a proof on the heavy paper. Looked good, so I pulled a second on okawara, finishing just as the critique participants started to arrive. (I'll figure out how I'm going to add the zeppole part to the sign later) The above photo is of the 2nd proof. Still have to work out all the colors, but so far I like what I see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home