Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Art At Bargain Prices


Exchanged e-mails with the current president of the BAC over the past 24 hours. I had thought that the Small Treasures show was being hung Thursday, but he told me it will be tomorrow afternoon, which meant that I had to get my framed pieces there by tonight. The ink was dry enough, so I put in a few hours coloring the two prints shown above, from yesterday's printing session. On the left is a small piece of my A History of Art print, in this case a fairly straight copy of a print from Frans Masereel's novel The City. (the relatively light areas on the right and bottom are pieces of two other parts of the the tower- the Piranesi inspired prison and the reclaimed gallery space) On the right is the middle portion of SS ZACHARY AND ELIZABETH, a recent print from my Everyman series. I found some cheap frames in the basement (both around 8"x10") , cut mats, and put them all together. Got them up to Belmar in the evening, so they should be on the walls by Saturday's opening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home