Monday, November 16, 2009

Boardwalk Food Seconds

Took a ride around the area on some errands this afternoon. One of them took me to a local home center. I wasn't particularly looking for new lauan plywood, but I checked the supply while I was in there and found a beautiful piece, too good to pass up. It will find a use in some future project. From there I went to the Studio to do some printing. I made a few quick adjustments to the most recent block, including cleaning up some spots that unintentionally picked up a little ink last time. (might not print, but why not get rid of them while I had my gouge out?) I pulled another copy of the food print on okawara, as seen above. Maybe next week I'll color it to match the one I finished yesterday.

I also made a few small prints for possible inclusion in the upcoming BAC show. The idea in this case was influenced by Molly. Now and then she will do a traditional print, but a lot of her work comes from small images that she prints in many forms and combines in collages and mixed media pieces. I haven't done any recent small inexpensive works, but I thought I could repurpose something already done. I inked and printed small fragments of a few older large blocks, making little uneditioned prints. (sort of like what I did to make a contribution to a silent auction over the summer) I'll color them in a few days, and if I can get them into some cheap frames in time, they can be part of my contribution to the Small Treasures show.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home