Sunday, November 15, 2009

Boardwalk Food part 32- finished

This afternoon I dealt with the few remaining uncolored areas of this proof. Mostly it was grays- the foreground grill, the pizza ovens and ice cream machines, and the gulls. An assortment of colors were used in spots here and there, including reapplying the same color in a few spots to deepen the chosen hue. As far as I can see, everything is now accounted for, so unless I change my mind about something here over the next few days, I'm going to say this print is finished. The colors definitely work better in this one compared to the first proof. I still need to make one more copy on okawara, but first I need to clean up a few spots on the block- shaving a splinter here and there to clarify several shapes before I pull the next print, so I put that off until next time. Meanwhile, I need to start giving serious thought to the next print in the series.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home