Monday, November 09, 2009

Boardwalk Food part 27

Put more color all around the proof today. I assigned some colors to much of the clothing, and most of the choices are expected to make it to the final version. Today's work included the deep background through the back windows of the pizzeria, a few more items inside the bar, and the gulls. Added expected colors to some of the objects (condiments, trash barrel), and started experimenting with options for the architecture. One big change is the counter for the pizzeria. The original is all white tiles and I had expected something similar in my print, but the local colors in that business are mostly neutral- black, white, and grays. I put in a pattern of light blue and turquoise. A little too cool now, so in the next version I'll probably replace one of those colors with something light and warm, but color is definitely better than all white. The original architecture for the ice cream place is also mostly white and gray, so I will need to work more color into that part of the scene as well. I have ideas as to where to go with the background interior of the store, as well as the taffy sign in the front, but I'll hold off on those until next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home