Wednesday, May 19, 2010

A Shopping Mystery

Despite having enough ideas to keep me busy for years, I'm always keeping my eyes open for inspiration for another print. My visit to the supermarket this past weekend may have given me material to add to that ongoing series.

I was doing my usual Sunday shopping, buying the regular groceries as well as ingredients for a big pot of sugo, which was delicious as always. Before walking away with my bagged and paid for groceries I always check the receipt, making sure they included coupons or didn't double scan anything. Neither of those problems happened, but there was something else I couldn't figure out. Halfway down the receipt was an item listed as "PRNA ONE TRKY/BARL". Purina One maybe? I know I didn't buy any dog food and I couldn't see it matching anything else I had purchased. When my cashier had a free moment I asked him, but he had no clue. A supervisor came over to investigate, confirmed my guess as to the item, and verified that I had no dog food in my bags. That was enough to get customer service to refund the $1.49 I had been charged for it, even as they could offer no explanation as to how I was charged for it in the first place. Which frees me to come with some bizarre ideas of my own and turn it into a print. As I said up top, I have plenty to keep me busy, so no need to rush into this, but if I develop a good concept, I can slide it into the agenda.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home