Thursday, July 22, 2010

Smoking Figure part 4

I put in a little Studio time today, making more adjustments to my block drawing. I had shown a photo of the block to the model last night and she remarked that it was a good resemblance...to how she might expect to look in 10 years, especially if she keeps smoking. I decided to see if I could take a few of those extra years off her. I got out my brush and ink and made some subtle changes to the face contour, making it a tiny bit less angular. I also fixed issues with the eyes and mouth, and made slight changes to the hairline, ear, and far shoulder. Before finishing, I added more ink to existing shadows around the upper body and face. The combined changes do improve the portrait in my opinion, subtracting maybe a couple of years if not the full decade. Still bothering me is the nose. It's a nice nose, but it's a little small relative to the face and may be a tiny bit off center. I traced the whole face in its current state onto a spare piece of tracing paper, and I plan to use it to try some options. If it works there, I'll fix it on block.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home