Sunday, August 22, 2010

Boardwalk Nights part 3

Back to work on the current block today. After considering the matter for a few days, I decided that the more symmetrical composition that I had switched to when I developed the full size paper sketch was a little too regular. So today I changed the angle of the boardwalk edge on the left side of the block to better reflect the original 8"x10" sketch, which was in turn based on photos taken from specific locations on a boardwalk. It opens up the space more, which will allow more room for me to eventually add people. I roughed in a building on that side (still haven't decided yet if it will house games or public facilities), and some deep background stuff, including a ferris wheel on a distant amusement pier. I still need to make some perspective adjustments all around the scene, but I feel better about the layout than I did yesterday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home