Saturday, August 21, 2010

Committee Work



I spent a good bit of the middle of the day at the Printmaking Council of NJ (and on my way to and from there) for a meeting of the Exhibition Committee. Back about a dozen years ago when I first joined the committee, we met very often, every month or two. Since then there have been many changes to the meeting schedules, the membership of the committee, and to my job situation, and in recent years my involvement has tended to be by phone and e-mail. A new committee chair has recently taken charge and wants us to be a bit more hands on than we've been of late, as well as look for ways to make the exhibitions do more for the artists and the whole organization. So today we spent a few hours discussing ongoing issues, ideas for improvements, and possible plans for the future. No specifics decided, but we came up with some general goals to work on for the next year.

While I was there, I finally got to see the fully installed Myths & Marks show. I saw most of it as we were installing it a few weeks ago, but the two large pieces (shown above) were not in place yet, so today was my first opportunity to see them. The exhibition is on display through October 9th, so there is plenty of time for everyone out there to go see it as well.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home