Sunday, August 08, 2010

Into the Night Again

Spent a little time in the Studio this afternoon giving some thought to the next piece. Since my one night time supermarket piece is now hanging in Belmar, it is definitely not available for the night themed show in the same gallery, so it's a boardwalk print or nothing . The first step was doing a little brainstorming, thinking about ideas/details that could be incorporated into the ideas I mentioned last time. I had a pile of newspaper clippings gathered over the past few years, all relating to the boardwalk in one way or another. Not looking for a specific scene to copy, just trying to get a feel for the layout and perspective. I divided the pile into three smaller ones- one that could be helpful for the night time overview of the boardwalk, one for potential reference for the bar themed print, and one for everything else. Because the simplest one to finish would be the long view, I concentrated on that one today, doing some very rough sketches. Nothing worth showing now, but the result was enough for me to think the idea should work. Before I go much further, I may make another boardwalk visit, to get a better sense of the perspective and scale from the point of view I have in mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home