Wednesday, August 04, 2010

The Advantages of Unemployment


Based on the results of figure drawings I've done in recent months, I have come to the conclusion that I have much better results on days when I don't go to work first. Putting in a full day on the job must take something out of me. No work for me today (I did put in a few hours in the Studio, but that gives me energy), and the drawings from tonight's figure group are the best in more than a month. Tonight we had a new model (for us, but she's had plenty of experience) and sometimes it takes me a while to figure out how to draw an unfamiliar face and body. However, this time I did reasonably well. Above is a 5 minute pencil drawing, and below is a 45 minute charcoal drawing. The latter has some serious flaws (the head is way too big and the foreshortening in the legs is awkward), but the individual parts work well, making it the best charcoal drawing I've done in a while.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home