Thursday, July 29, 2010

The Final Cut


Three weeks ago I sat down to work on my video contribution to the upcoming Belmar Urban Myths show. At the time I was told that everything would be finished in about a week. The down side of working with a professional is that he has plenty of his own paying work to do as well, which took more time than expected. He told me last week that it was pretty much done, but it took several more days before he had time to burn a few DVD's with the result. He dropped them off at the Boatworks this afternoon, and I picked them up on the way home from the Studio. After one more stop (supermarket, nothing interesting) and another rainstorm, I got home and put one on to see.

Mark made a few minor changes since I last saw it. He inserted the last two images I had sent him into the segments left for them, added a sound effect I had wanted, and it looks like he changed one shot toward the end, but the new version works better. Below are a few still shot off my television.




Eventually I hope to post the video somewhere online, but probably not until after it has an exclusive run at the Boatworks. I'm very happy with the results and I think it will go over well in the Myths show.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home