Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Into the Night


The plan for the moment is to set aside the large figure block for now so that I can get another piece done quickly. Several months back I volunteered to be the assistant chair on an upcoming themed show at the Belmar Arts Council, with the theme of "After Sunset". Since I'll be putting in some work on the exhibition, I figure it would be nice to have something of mine in the show. Time has flown by, and I realized that the show is now a mere two months away. The only thing I can think of that I have in stock that would fit the theme is one of my supermarket prints, but that print may be hanging in the Urban Myth show this weekend, which would make it ineligible for the show in October.

Toward that end I decided to prepare a new boardwalk block today. At least two of the images planned for the series specifically take place at night, so one of those would seem a logical thing to work on right now. One print will be set at an outdoor tiki bar (inspired by, but not necessarily a copy of the one at Point Pleasant), a location that is open in the day as well, but the action definitely picks up at night. The other print is a general outdoor/wide view scene of night on the boardwalk. The first one has the potential to be very interesting, but the second one would likely be easier to finish. In the next few days I'll sketch composition for both ideas and commit to one or the other.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home