Saturday, July 31, 2010

A Bigger Show, For Good or Bad


Today was the intake for the Belmar Arts Council's upcoming Belmar Urban Myths show. Last night I put a copy of the most recent supermarket print in a frame, and I had one of the DVD's out where I could easily find it. I drove the two items up to the Boatworks in the early afternoon. There had been some concerns in recent weeks as to what the turnout would be, since attendance was very small at the writer's workshops and only two of us chose to make use of the video assistance. The hope was that a lot of people knew what they wanted to do and decided to skip the workshops and just make the art on their own.

Unfortunately, the low participation on the advance opportunities seems to have played out with the show- less than a dozen works were submitted to the show by the deadline, though it's possible a few more will turn up over the next few days. So I was asked to help fill some of those empty walls. I went back home and brought my boxes of framed supermarket prints up from the basement. It turns out that every supermarket print that ended up being part of my new film was currently in a frame, so I rearranged them to put all in one of those boxes that got them to Iowa and back. I brought that box back up to Belmar and dropped it off. We'll see what happens when it's time to hang everything, but I may have as many as 8 prints in this show, in addition to the video, which we are hoping will be available to view during all open gallery hours.

Whatever happens with my work, the show opens on Saturday, August 7, 2010, with a reception whose start time is up in the air for now. (I'll update this post when I get a firm answer) It remains up during regular gallery hours through August 27th.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home