Saturday, December 04, 2010

Going Underground


Today I wrapped up what had been another very busy week. After class I took the short drive down to Seaside Heights, which is pretty much a ghost town this time of year. The reason was to deliver work to an upcoming show. This whole thing started a few weeks back when I was invited to participate in a group exhibition by the organizer, a painter connected with my community college. Not a traditional gallery, but a relatively raw art space tucked under a boardwalk arcade (thus its name, "Le Souterrain") where he has put together a few shows and hopes to do more in the future. The photo above shows what it looked like when I arrived today, remnants of a previous show still on the walls. By next week it should all be cleaned up, with the back room fixed up for the occasion.

Not surprisingly, for this exhibition just steps from the boardwalk I'm showing a selection of prints from my Floating World boardwalk series. I brought the four that I already had in frames, so all have been shown at least once before. The show is called "Santa, is that you?" (there's a long story there), a one night only event. Things start around 7 pm on Saturday, December 11th, and go on until around 11 pm. Le Souterrain Gallery is located at 1020 Ocean Terrace (near the corner of Hancock Avenue), under the Big Top Arcade. Entry will be through the bright orange door of Le Petit Garage (see photo below). There is a $10 suggested donation at the door to cover the costs of refreshments and live music.

The organizer tells me that he expects a crowd of at least 100, but we can always find room to squeeze a few more people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home