Friday, January 21, 2011

For Love Not Money Opening


Today is the official opening of the For Love Not Money international collaborative postcard project, as part of the 15th Tallinn Print Triennial at the Kumu Art Museum in Tallinn, Estonia. The show will consist of 170 postcard prints, each a collaboration among two artists representing 18 printmaking groups/institutions in over a dozen countries around the world.

Above are the two cards I was involved in making, collaborations with local artist Nanci Hersh, done when our respective assigned collaborators from the island of Mauritius bailed out. The top one is a card started by Nanci (checkerboard, tea bags, and random spots) over which I printed the woodcut of the cats and trashcan, and finished with some colored pencils. The bottom one is the card that I started, a monotype/woodcut of a carousel house and ferris wheel on a pier, to which Nanci added the kissing booth and the items seen inside the carousel house. My steps in creating my halves of each image can be found in the April 2010 archives and January 2010 archives of this blog.

As far as I can tell (the museum website is in Estonian, which I do not read), the show remains on display in Tallinn through May 8, 2011. The organizers would like to travel the whole thing after that, and as I learn any such plans, I'll post them here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home