Thursday, February 17, 2011

Boardwalk Showers part 10

Put in a few hours at the Studio today, working on the current project. I haven't solved the perspective problem yet, but at least I think I know what has been causing the problem to this point.

One thing that I had noticed last time is that there were a lot of inconsistencies in the back wall of the left side panel. The wall tiles were dramatically diminishing in size toward the left, but the the showering figures weren't at all. And the horizontal perspective lines in the wall tiles were not consistently matching up with the anatomy the different figures. And there was the architectural issues with the shower alcoves.

Today I started addressing some of these problems. The first step was standardizing the width of the wall tiles from the center moving to the left, which meant coming up with a more logical rate of diminishing and marking the new verticals. I made the decision to simplify the alcoves- just turned them into standard right angled exterior corners, lined up to match the new tile pattern. I wanted to put in the horizontal lines, but as soon as I tried matching them to the existing tile, I figured out the bigger problem.

I had completed a lot of the structures and tiles in the right panel, and drew the initial wall tile perspective in both directions from the room's corner. I set an eye level fairly high up (in the above image it's even with the upper level locker handles, right above the head of the figure to the farthest right. Works fine on that side, but when I extended the perspective lines across to the other half of the diptych all kinds of problems set in. For example, a row of tiles that is eye level in the right panel was barely shoulder high on the far left. Sadly, the it looks like the only solution will be to redraw the perspective of much of the right panel. I had to stop at the point and go somewhere else. I'll deal with it over the weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home