Sunday, January 23, 2011

Boardwalk Showers part 5


A few days ago I spoke to the model who had to cancel this past Monday about rescheduling, and we selected today as the best day. So in the afternoon I drove up to the Studio and repeated the set up process from last week- put together my homemade overhead spotlight (see above) and my simulated shower curtain, cleared the floor, and sharpened my pencil. The model showed up ready to work, and once again I was able to put together a very efficient hour. We did another one of those behind the shower curtain poses, then a few standing poses involving towels.


Based on practice sketches from last week, I had the model pose clutching the towel to her chest, which made for interesting shadow patterns in the towel and over her body. I made the changes to my earlier sketched figure directly on the block (above). I'll clean it up and fix the details later. The other towel pose was a standing hair-drying pose, which will eventually go to the right of the other figure. I had her do two versions of the pose (slightly different points of view) with an example of one shown below.

I filled up the hour with a couple of bathing suit poses, figures that will pop up in a future boardwalk print, an outdoor beach scene. I now have enough figure references to go ahead and finish adding all the figures to this locker room scene. And after that I can deal with the room architecture.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home