Saturday, March 12, 2011

Boardwalk Showers part 21


A busy week has passed and my new proof has dried enough to start the coloring process, so that's what I did today. I had signed up for a gallery sitting shift at the Boatworks, so I went up to the Studio in the early afternoon and collected the print and all my watercolor stuff. I got down to Belmar on time, but with various people hanging around there I was maybe able to spend about half the time actually working on my piece. (no actual gallery visitors, as usual) I have a few ideas about how I will color the background of the piece, but the one thing I know for sure is the figures, so I'm starting there. None of these are finished, but what I've done so far gives some idea of where I'm going. Above is my on location work station, below is the current state of the proof.

I was already sure that I was going to cut away some of the shading lines on the figures before the next printing, and today's coloring did nothing to change my mind. Some will remain, but I'd much rather handle most of the shadow effects with color.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home