Thursday, May 24, 2012

St Genevieve part 3


Stopped by the Studio very briefly today, mostly to drop off the equipment and supplies that I used in last night's demo.  Before leaving, I walked over to Cookman Ave in Asbury to see a current show by Jill Kerwick, long time member of the critique group.  Walked back to my car and drove down to Belmar, to do a shift of gallery sitting at the Art on the Edge show at the Boatworks.

When I dropped off the rest of my printmaking stuff I held onto the current block and my cutting tools to use in Belmar.  Gallery sitting usually means 2 hours of sitting there with no visitors and it's good to have something to do.  They keep one of the round cafe tables out for the gallery sitters.  I put down some newspaper to protect its surface then got to work.  I cut out the rest of the border on the left side and most of the background, down to the top of the saint name.  The piece of wood has some splintery spots, and I want to save the rest until I have some glue handy in case something important starts to fall apart.  Below is the state of the block when I stopped for the day.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home