Sunday, May 06, 2012

Boardwalk Days part 5



It's been almost a month since I last worked on the latest boardwalk print, just days after the last critique group meeting.   A lot of the last month was spent working on the relief printing job, and there were several days that I hoped to go back to my chosen site for some additional photos and sketches, only to be faced with cold and rain.  But the sun came out this afternoon, so I rushed up to the Studio and walked up to my usual location.  As expected, a day like this had brought a good crowd, including a lot of outdoor diners at restaurants up and down the boardwalk.  I took a bunch more photos of the two buildings, different angles than the ones I had.  Also did several sketches, very rough, like the ones above, mostly for notes on relative scale and locations of figures and objects.  This week I'll probably switch over to a new saint for my upcoming demonstration, but once I have that ready, maybe I'll finally be able to get going on this print.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home