Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Wrapping It Up


 It's been about a week since Molly and I had our printing session for the four editions.  They've been sitting in the drying racks since then and I judged them reasonably safe to move.  Plus, the artist needs them for a show that opens this Friday, so it's time to get this job wrapped up.  Ashley and I made plans to meet around 2 pm, so I got there about half an hour before to get things ready.  I found that the prints were indeed dry.  One at a time I removed each print from the rack, carefully erased the pencil registration mark on the back and stamped it on the back with my studio/artist stamp, then returned it to the rack, keeping them in proper order.  I had just finished that and was beginning to take photos of the finished prints, when Ashley arrived.


She looked over all the prints and liked what she saw.  No surprise here- we used top quality ink and paper and our decades of professional experience.  It didn't hurt that her designs were pretty good to begin with.  She signed each edition, and then I helped her pack it all into the large box that the paper was delivered in.  I also turned over to her the extra paper she had requested, the leftover ink, and her blocks.  The show on Friday is in a private space, but she told me that she expects another area showing of the prints in a public space over the summer.  I'll post information about it when I get it.  These are medium to large size prints with good woodcut graphic punch and are best seen in person on the wall, but meanwhile here's an online preview of the work.






So this job is done, but maybe there will be more like this in the future.  Meanwhile, I can finally get back to work on some of my own art.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home