Saturday, July 07, 2012

Animal Spirits Heading to Belmar

This morning I took the last steps to get my pieces ready for the BAC Animal Spirits show.  Getting the  bottles image ready was pretty easy.  I had cut a window mat during the week, so it was just a matter of opening a framed work, mounting yesterday's colored proof on a backing board, and putting it all together.  Maybe 3 minutes worth of effort, spread out over the time it took for the tape to dry.  For the image with the cats, I had glued the print down to a cut piece of pine last night.  This morning I trimmed the print to the edges of the block.  Because it's mostly big shapes of solid color, instead of using the spray acrylic like I did for the house prints, this time I just made a wash of PVA and brushed it over each part of the image, and the margin.  It would dry quickly and without the harsh solvent smell that sprayed objects emit for several hours.  Some wood screws and a bit of wire completed the job.

I dropped off both pieces at the Boatworks shortly after noon.  A few pieces came in after mine, bringing the total for the show up to around 60 works.  This is a benefit for the Humane Society, not a juried show, so my pieces will both be in the show.  The intake committee really liked the image with the bottles- I imagine that a lot of images of cute and fuzzy animals came in, and that piece is definitely different.

There will be an opening reception for the Animal Spirits exhibition at the Boatworks next Saturday, July 14, from 2 to 4 pm.  There is a plan to have animals available for adoption at the reception.  The show will remain on display through August 17, 2012.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home