Wednesday, September 19, 2012

The Origin of Studio Arrabbiata


Still haven't been able to get into the Studio for anything other than dropping off and picking up stuff for classes, but I'm hoping to change that very soon.  Meanwhile, I used time while I was stuck at home tonight working on school stuff to convert a pile of tomatoes (product of my brother's garden) into a batch of arrabbiata sauce.  Was going to do it last night, but we had multiple power outages from a massive thunderstorm.  (don't need electricity to cook, but it does make it easier to see, so I put it off)  


It's a very simple recipe, but the process of peeling the tomatoes takes a little while, so I made something else for dinner first, and made the sauce after that. But now I've got tomorrow's dinner halfway made, as well as the day after that.  Of course, it was this sauce that inspired me to use the Arrabbiata name for a number of creative projects going back more than two decades.  Simple, spicy, bold- it's the woodcut of pasta sauces, which makes the name perfect for my Studio.  As much as I will enjoy eating some of it tomorrow, I'm really looking forward to my next blog posting being about working on a print.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home