Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Woodcut Takeover Continues

The summer woodcut class that I held in Belmar in June and July was a big hit with the four participants.  So much so that they all expressed an interest in continuing it.  And there were other requests as well, so I arranged to put an August session on the BAC calendar and hoped it would work out.

Coming into this morning I had 3 people signed up, two from before and one new one.  Certainly enough to make it worth holding the class.  Then things changed rapidly.  My new participant asked if her sister could sign up.  No problem.  Then as the starting time approached, a fifth person arrived, a woman who was waiting to find out her work schedule before committing to the class.  Then a further surprise, a sixth participant, another one who had been part of last month's class.

So now I have 6 students for this latest round of classes.  This thing is getting popular.  Good thing the building has plenty of tables and chairs.

Like last time, most of the first night was spent talking and showing prints to the three new people, though the three veteran printmakers took time out occasionally to come check out what we were doing.  I had three classic group folios, some printmaking books, and some representative examples of my work.  I cut boards for those who wanted them and demonstrated how to surface them with wood filler.  All this required my full attention, so no time to shoot photos tonight.

Next time we'll likely have the new people ready to start cutting, and the experienced group may be ready to print.  Looks like I need to order some more supplies and soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home