Friday, July 27, 2012

More Kitties part 3


The past few days have been a mix of oppressive heat and violent thunderstorms, with me conducting various errands in between, and working on art from home.  Yesterday I brought the newly colored second proof of this cats image to the Boatworks so that I could compare it to the one hanging on the wall to see how well it matched.  The inner pinkish ear of Romeo (black cat) was too light, but otherwise it was pretty close to the first one.  Also took care of some other business relating to my upcoming woodcut class there.  Fixed the ear later in the evening.

Today I went through the process of mounting the print.  First glue the paper to the wood block.  After that was thoroughly dry, trim the paper, then glaze it all with a glue wash.  Still needs the wiring on the back, but I'll deal with that tomorrow morning before I drop it off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home