Saturday, October 06, 2012

Woodcutting All Over New Jersey



It's a busy time of year for woodcuts.  I have two sections of 2D Design this semester, one at each school, and that means two classes making woodcuts.  The first of those classes will need blocks this coming week, so today I put in some Studio time cutting them up.  Both classes are a little smaller than usual (most semesters I start with a full roster, or even an extra student), so one 2' x 4' sheet of wood was enough to yield enough 6" x 8" blocks for both classes.  I didn't have any sandpaper with me, so I'll swing by there in a few days to take care of that.


Besides the college classes, I'm gearing up for another round of woodcut classes in Belmar.  This time around the classes will expand from two hours to three, at the request of the students planning to return.  And in addition to the usual Tuesday evening classes, I'm also running it on Tuesday mornings, to accommodate those who can't make the evening sessions.  The first meeting will be October 16th, so if you are interested, go check out the details on the BAC woodcut page and sign up for a spot in one of the classes.

So in October it looks like a few dozen people around the state will be learning about woodcut.  I'm glad to be doing my part.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home