Sunday, March 10, 2013

Closing Out My Show



I took all the prints down on Friday afternoon, but I still had one last task to deal with, fixing my wall.  Most of the Boatworks repairs were done back in January, but there was one part we couldn't get to then, our extra gallery in the addition.  The previous occupants had left behind a 5' high stack of cases of beverages;  they said they still wanted it, but were in no hurry to come get it.  We didn't need the third room right away, so we dealt with the rest of the building.  The last of those supplies were finally removed around the time of our JAS8 opening, and in the time since things were cleaned up and the walls repainted.  I had Hutch leave the painting supplies where I could get at them.

With the new show coming up, the window I had to get this done was today.  Got there around noon.  Put on my old paint spattered shoes that have served many functions over the years.  The biggest challenge was trying to get the 5 gallon pail of paint open.  The lid included a screw cap, and the lid itself still had an unbroken seal, so I figured I was to use the cap, but it wouldn't budge.  I guessed it was glued shut with dried paint.  I scraped at the edge of the cap all the way around, dislodging chunks of dried paint, and soon the cap was free.  After that it was pretty easy.  I was able to get just about all of it done just standing on the floor, but got up on the ladder to touch of the holes just under the bar that was my top boundary.  As requested, I also touched up some other walls, covering assorted smudges and marks that had developed over the past couple of months.   I did a very careful clean up, then got on my way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home