Wednesday, March 13, 2013

News From Belmar



This morning I fired up the computer and checked the results of the jurying for this year's big art show in Belmar.  I had one piece chosen by the juror, the double portrait above, maintaining my participation streak in this annual show.  The story behind this print was posted a few days ago.  By rule, only one entry could be chosen, so I was expecting to be at the Boatworks today anyway, but now I knew what I'd have to get.  But then I got a phone call asking if I could be a last minute fill in to help with the returning of the rejected works, and I agreed to sit there from 3 to 5 pm today.  The juror selected 87 works for the show, which left a number a bit larger than that to be picked up.


After yesterday I knew what to expect, but the extent of construction was probably a surprise for many of the people who showed up today to claim their work.  At least it wasn't raining today.  Above you see them pouring the concrete for our new front walk, which will lead from the parking area to our door.  If this is all completed according to plan, it will definitely improve our parking, and we are told the project will be completed by early next week.  What this means for my last woodcut class meeting next week remains to be seen.  For today, I parked on 7th Avenue, found a path to the door and was there to hand back art to about 10 people.  Picked up my bowling print before leaving.

After that, a quick trip to the Studio to take care of a task I wanted to do before next week's last woodcut class, then home to relax and get ready for the rest of my week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home