Friday, April 05, 2013

Arrabbiata On Stage part 5




Had some business in Manasquan this afternoon, and decided to drop by the theater afterwards.  Partly to see how progress had gone the last couple of days, and partly to look into getting the free ticket I was promised.  Got the ticket, right next to ones purchased by family members.  Pat told me that there wasn't much painting left to do, but they might need some help with the wall pieces up on the stage.  This was indeed the case.  Not painting, but construction.  Since my last time there they had started constructing the biggest piece of the set, a castle.  I helped to raise two of these 20' sections we were painting on Wednesday, and held them in place until they were attached to the rest of the construction.  (halfway between a barn raising and building a stone cathedral I suppose)  It took a bunch of us to raise a piece of wall that will sit over the central doorway between the towers.  Above is a wide shot of the stage showing how this looks.

With that done, I decided to retreat back to the painting area.  The last part of my day there was spent painting spots on giant wooden dice, the circles already pencilled in place.  No problem for spots on top of these boxes (each a 24" cube, resting on the floor with no other place to put them), but painting the ones on the sides was trickier, between dripping paint and that the brush itself blocked my view of the lower part of each circle.  I tried to talk Pat into us just going with our own version of Big Jule's custom made dice, but she said no.  Some touch up will be needed.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home