Wednesday, March 20, 2013

NCAA Art Tournament


Every year in March there are two things I post about that aren't traditional art topics.  Yesterday was my annual St Joseph's zeppole posting.  The other is my NCAA Tournament of Art, where I note all the schools that are both in this basketball tournament and that I have artistic links to.  Only four this year.  In chronological order, they are University of Illinois (exhibition of 366 prints, 1994), Villanova University (exhibition of two prints, 1997), Harvard University (purchase of one print for museum collection, 2000), and Syracuse University (exhibition of 3 prints, 2005).

In terms of basketball, Syracuse has the best chance of the four to go far in the tournament, seen as a potential final four team by some.  Villanova and Illinois are expected to be competitive, but for a round or two at most.  Harvard is not expected to win a game.  Not on my list, but of artistic interest to me, is Virginia Commonwealth University, a school known primarily for its art program.  It's a 5 seed out of the South region, but a hot pick by many experts to make it to the final four.

I'll update the progress of my teams after each weekend, as long as they are still playing.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home