Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Old Business



With my woodcut class done for a few weeks, I decided to take most of the class supplies back up to the Studio where I have places to store them.  Putting them away only took a few minutes, leaving me time to work on something else.  Today that turned out to be some framing.

Last year, around the time of my niece Genevieve's baptism I decided to do a St Genevieve print as part  of my ongoing saint series.  And so I did, a nice colorful image of a well, finishing it last summer.  I planned to frame one for her, and so when I put together my last art supply order, I included the frame parts for one of a nice size for the print.  In recent weeks I looked into my supply of mat board and foamcore, and found that I had some pieces in my Studio almost exactly the size I needed.  So today I set up my mat cutting machine and cut one of each board to the proper size, with a nice beveled window in the mat.  I didn't have the actual print with me today, but I had other saints there I used to measure with.  Besides, I don't have the glass yet, but once I pick up a piece I can put it all together in a few minutes.  The delay won't be a problem- she is probably a few years away from even understanding the concept of what a well is, not to mention the story of the related miracle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home