Friday, July 05, 2013

What I Needed



One of my ongoing projects over the past month has been to finally frame a copy of my St Genevieve print for my niece Genevieve.  (she likely hasn't been bothered by the delay as she hasn't learned to put together full sentences yet)  A few weeks ago I ordered the frame.  Last week I cut the mat.  This past week I bought the glass.  I figured I'd put it all together today but ran into a little problem- I didn't have the print.

I pulled two copies when I first finished the print a year ago, and colored both.  What I had forgotten over these past 12 months is how there were significant differences between how the two were colored.  I made some color changes between the first and second proofs and liked the second version much better.  I can't give that one away until I have another identical copy, and I don't want to give away a lesser artwork like the first proof.  So a quick visit to the Studio today to pull a 3rd proof.  This block inks and prints easily, so in less than 30 minutes it was done and sitting in my drying rack.  I'll do the coloring next week.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home