Saturday, September 07, 2013

Table Talk part 17



It was table time again today.  It appeared that Molly hadn't touched the first three I had glued together (not surprising knowing her fall teaching schedule), and after laying flat for a few days I figured they were safe to move and lean against the wall.  Then I repeated the process from a few days ago with the other 3 cafe type tables.  Having been through this once before, I was able to work more efficiently this time.  As with last time, I eventually left the three tables from today laying flat on our folding work tables, letting the wood's own weight continue to compress it as the glue finishes bonding.


During the time while I was waiting for the clamped pieces to dry I worked some more on my revised plans for the drop leaf table.  I think I have a plan that will work, making use of material already in our stockpile, but I'll have to talk to Molly about it before I start cutting anything up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home