Thursday, August 22, 2013

Table Talk part 14



Back to work for a little while today.  First and stopped to talk to the building boss.  Good news- they'll let us use their belt sander.  Bad news- it's currently broken.  But they believe it will be fixed in the next few days.  So I went on to finish the last thing I could do toward the process, making more of those triangle pieces.  Now we have 64 of these things, enough for 8 tables.  Once we get the narrow legs for the drop leaf table I can work on a design plan, which will likely require some other little pieces of wood.

I could have left at that point, but a violent rain storm passed through the area, rain so hard I could hear it over my saw.  So I decided to wait it out taking care of something I had been wanting to do anyway, reorganizing all the wood.  All the unused (so far) wood was put on one section of the room, while in another area (see below) I stacked all the tabletops with their respective frames.  After that I cleaned up and went home.  All the parts are made and/or purchased, leaving me just needing the sander before I can get back to work.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home