Thursday, August 08, 2013

Table Talk part 7



Molly had called me early yesterday to ask a question or two before putting in the lumber order in Belmar.  The plan called for it to be delivered today, so around the middle of the day I called her to see when that would be expected, and she told me it was arriving right then, with Brendan from our building supervising the unloading of the truck into our new table building studio.

In the early afternoon I decided to take a ride up there and check out the wood supply.  I ran into Brendan outside the building on his way to an errand, and he and another artist who works there said a ton of wood had been delivered.  I figured they were exaggerating, but when I got a look at it, I decided that it may be more than a ton all together.  That plywood is 3/4" thick and we ordered thirteen 8' x 4' pieces, heavy stuff. (luckily Molly was able to arrange to have the lumber yard cut it to the size of the individual tabletops, saving us that task and making them lighter to move around the room)  Plus you can see dozens of 2" x 4"s and 4" x 4"s that I'll be turning into legs and frames.   Also included in the order are all the screws (three different sizes and styles), leaving us just one thing to get- the deck post ties, but there are a bunch of things I need to do before that step.

Molly still has to officially sign the contracts for this new room, but once that is done, I can begin my part of the table project.  That could be as soon as tomorrow.  I'll be ready.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home