Tuesday, August 06, 2013

Making Progress



Time for week 3 of the latest woodcut class series.  One of my regulars had informed me by e-mail that she had doubts of attending tonight due to illness, and that turned out to be the case.  My other three kept busy, so we had plenty of splinters to clean up at the end.  Last week my two new students found that the bench hooks I provided were very useful, and they were so impressed with the one Jill made for herself, that they took photos of it.  So I shouldn't have been surprised that Carolyn showed up tonight with the above object, built on a nice sturdy cutting board purchased at a local estate sale.  (we have an established tradition in my woodcut class of students successfully repurposing objects for printmaking processes)  Harriet didn't make one yet, but told me she had taken my advice for a quick substitute, clamping a board to a table to create an instant ledge to push against.


Carolyn, still not having tools of her own, managed to get pretty much everything in the top one done tonight.  At that point we decided were too near the end to proof it, so that will wait until next week.  Harriet, having tools, came in having made more progress, but had run into issues with some fine details, so she concentrated on that tonight.  I'm hoping she will also be ready by next week to take a first proof of the block.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home