Tuesday, July 30, 2013

The Work Begins



Week 2 of the latest woodcut class, and all four students showed up on time, ready to work.  Our street was a lot less crowded than the last time I was there.  (since these dozens of spaces did not exist before this spring, I find myself wondering where all those cars used to park every Saturday)  My two experienced students both jumped right into the projects they had been working on last week, while I sat down with my new students and we got into the business of cutting.  Harriet decided to buy two round gouges for herself, while Carol opted to just use the class tools.  I did the usual safety demonstration first, then they began the process of cutting their blocks.  Cutting is not hard, but it takes a while to get used to the tools, and first timers often find their hands getting sore.  Well, they have a week to recover.  Meanwhile, Jill had two blocks to print, one she had completed in the time since her last class, and a small one she was working on in class last week.  Results are shown below.


Two weeks down, two weeks to go.  These class series just go by so fast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home