Saturday, July 13, 2013

What I Needed part 2



Molly won't be available to give me her reactions to the table models until early next week, so I decided that today I may as well get on with some traditional art.  I pulled this proof of St Genevieve about a week ago, but my plan to color it a few days ago was delayed because I didn't have any paper tape with me to tape it down to my board.  I took care of that a few days ago, so the proof was ready for coloring.

Working from a completed proof usually goes quickly, but one problem today- the humid part of the summer has arrived.  I could power through the unpleasant conditions (it hasn't stopped my furniture practice), but it's gotten so damp in the Studio that the "dried" watercolor mixes on my palette were sticky with moisture.  And it really slows the rate at which the watercolors dry on the paper.  So today I limited myself to just the 3 colors shown above then left for more comfortable surroundings.  No rush on this one, so I can wait for a nicer day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home