Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Table Talk part 2



I spent some time doing more research and foraging for possible building materials at a local home center yesterday, then doing some thinking when I got home.  I have some ideas as to how to construct these table legs to meet Molly's parameters, but the only way I'll know for sure what will work is to actually do a little hands on building.  So today I borrowed back my brother's mitre saw (he had just requested it back recently to work on a project at his house, after it had been in the Studio for the past 8 years, which saved it from the ravages of Sandy), and along with a few items I had bought yesterday, and some stuff from the wood scrap box under my work table, did a little building.  These will just be crude models, with paired 2"x 4"s to act as the planned 4"x 4" legs.  Cut up all the wood this afternoon and tested the arrangements, but I decided that I didn't have enough of the right kind of screws with me to actually put it all together.  Instead, I put everything away and cleaned up.


Tomorrow I'll pick up some hardware on the way up, finish assembling both options, do a cost analysis of materials and labor for a whole table done each way, and then let Molly take a look.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home