Saturday, July 06, 2013

Table Talk



Over the past week or so I've been putting in some time on a side project.  Molly is gearing up for a interactive project called Table Talk, which will be encouraging community interaction at sites all around the Asbury area.  I've had a few short conversations with Molly about what kind of help she needs from me, and I've put in some time doing sketches of some of my previous tables, and researching materials in stores and online.  Today we had a longer meeting in the Studio, where I could share some of the information I had gathered, and she could tell me about some of the ideas she's had in mind.

My role would still be what she had told me previously, constructing some basic functional wooden tables that can be customized and decorated to suit the needs of the locations that will be hosting them.  My next step is to take today's input from Molly and come up with a basic engineering plan that can be applied to any tables I'd be building, along with a materials list and estimate for labor costs.  A bunch of stuff for me to figure out over the next few days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home