Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Back to Work




Summer is flying by.  It's still just July, but already I'm beginning preparations for my fall semester.  Yesterday I was up at my university taking care of necessary paperwork, and by next week I have to take care of some for my community college.

However, even before then, I've got some teaching to do.  Tonight was the first meeting of my latest round of woodcut classes in Belmar.  Coming into today, I had only one person signed up and paid, but  I had good reason to expect two others to be officially joining on the first night.  I invested in a new piece of wood today, but otherwise I was well stocked with supplies from the early summer class, so it was just a matter of gathering the stuff I had stored in the Studio and at home.  I got to the Boatworks on time, unloaded everything into the back room (front room is set up for a show opening this weekend) and got ready to meet my class.  My official student arrived, along with the two I was expecting, and then a few minutes into the class, a bonus student intending to sign up tonight.  That brought me up to four for this round, a nice number.  I got my two experienced students set up to work on their own and then sat with the two new ones and went over all the introductory stuff.  As usual, the time flew by and soon it was time to clean up and pack up.  And as usual, no time to take action photos of the class on the first night, but the above file photo of class supplies looks pretty much what was there to greet my student tonight.  Next week, everyone works.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home